Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sudoku Quilt



After I did the Sudoku Oops with the jacket, I wanted to follow with the Sudoku Quilt. This time I started with a Sudoku puzzle that was already solved. Then I cut squares from 9 different fabrics,put them in piles and gave each pile a number from 1-9. Then used my (solved) puzzle to arrange the top. Now what I had to do was sew together 9 nine patch squares. It was easy, I got a little carried away and the last square that I put in was upside down. But that was the great thing about the way I put the quilt together because it was easy to take that one square out and turn it around. The part I really enjoyed was the free-motion quilting. I did not do any handstitching on this quilt, thank God for free-motion quilting. I like making small lap quilts. I am not ready to commit to large bed quilts. I like to get done in a couple of days. I love the way the colors came together on this quilt it is bright and cheerful. You can go to my Etsy shop to get more details.

3 comments:

Waterrose said...

What great colors! I love the fabrics that you use.

CarmenNC said...

I enjoy playing Sudoku so I love the game inspired quilt. I'm an EAOC member and wanted to stop by to show some support.

capitolagirl said...

Gorgeous quilt. The colors are beautiful!