Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Iron Died

Well if you are a quilter, seamstress,or have anything to do with sewing, you know what an inconvenience it is for any of your tools to break down.  It is so frustrating especially in the middle of a project or when it is late and you don't have the energy to run to Walmart and get a new iron. 
I decided that instead of running out for a new iron I would catch up on some of my writing, and maybe re-organize or clean my sewing room.  I spend a lot of time in this sewing room and really it is in kind of an organized mess.  I remember a couple of years ago before we left for a 2 month vacation I re-organized and did a thorough clean up of my sewing room. That was a mistake because when I got back I could not remember where I put things, so then it is in a mess again because I ended up tearing it up again looking for stuff.  
I have found a new way of organizing things and that is buying those Command hooks and hanging everything on the walls. So everything that don't have a way to hang on the walls I put in bags and hang them.
I found another way to organize to and that is take a curtain rod and hang it on the wall or in the window and make little bags and hang them on the curtain rod then fill the bags with your sewing notions.  It's fun. Here is a picture of what I mean.
  
As you can see, I made some bags that I put on the curtain rod to put items in.

I also use medicine bottles to put small things like buttons, beads, needles. Works great.

I have a couple of these that I put rulers or knitting needles, 

These really come in handy.

Some of the stuff I collect. Pin cushions is one the things.

This is the Command hook I was talking about. They really come in handy. 

Anyway, getting back to the iron situation, I think that it died because I needed to take some time and do something else.  So instead of crying over a broken iron, I am paying attention to some of the things I need to pay attention to., Like my Etsy Shop


No comments: