Friday, June 20, 2008

The dress

Well I finally did something with all those silks that I had. I made this wonderful dress. I haven't taken a picture of it yet but I can tell you a little bit about it, just to get you curious to come back. Once I decided to make a dress, actually I sent the photos of the fabric to my sister, Rita, and she said that she saw a beautiful soft, silky dress. That helped me a lot. Anyway as soon as the weather gets nice I will go outside and take a picture of the dress.
Last night I started an outfit for my granddaughter, Jurnee Simone, she had a birthday that I missed, on the 15th of June. As they get older it is hard to know what they will like. I have been really trying to keep up with my grandkids' birthdays. They come so quick that I don't get the things made in time. But I remember when I was a youngster, my grandmother made us pj, slippers, hats, robes and pillows, and I remember how we always looked forward to our new pjs that we knew she would give us at Christmas time and for our birthdays. And it was about 30 of us (grandkids). I have about 20. So as soon as I get one done, then it is time to do another. But I am determined to get caught up. But I love making things for them. When I think about my grandmother, I think about the wonderful gifts she used to make, and I think I want my grandkids to think of me the same way. It is funny that whenever my grandkids call me, they ask me what I am doing then they say "sewing?" I want them to remember me like that, always sewing and praying. Well I started out talking about that "dress" and ended up talking about my grandkids. I guess it is because I miss them so much.

1 comment:

threemuses said...

That dress looks hot! I can't wait to see it in your shop, once you've photographed it more. Beautiful fabrics, beautiful lines.