Sunday, November 16, 2008

Late Autumn in Tennessee






WoW! I created this fabric by sewing strips of chiffon and georgette fabrics together the colors are warm and earthy and remind me of the colors of the trees here in Tennessee at this time of year. Now that I have created it I don't know what to make out of it. Some of the things I thought of are: duster, jacket,shawl, wrap, caftan. Keeping in mind that the fabric is mostly sheer. It is very light and airy. So if I make a duster, it would look very good with a solid color pantset under it, or a straight black sheath. I am going to post it on here and in my Etsy shop. I am offering it for sale in my shop and I thought that maybe there will be a creative seamstress/artist that can think of something to do with it and want to buy the piece. I will leave it posted for two weeks only in my Etsy shop. So think about it.
Will you cast your vote for the one of the items and let me know what you think. Thanks.

2 comments:

Waterrose said...

That's pretty! I love the colors and certainly miss that part of the country.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Wow ~ You are very talented and have some beautiful pieces in your shop! Keep up the great creations!